Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to understand RF amplifier parameters in NESG250134 datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

wantflyin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,everybody,

I am just reading NESG250134 datasheet and meet a problem:
"IC (set) = 30 mA (RF OFF)" in Page3, what does it mean exactly?

Sorry for no attachment since i can't attached it at present
Thanks in advance.

Ic set to a specific value when RF is OFF is the bias quiescent current of the transistor (Icq), to be able getting the linear gain of the amplifier when the RF is ON.
In this situation the RF input shouldn't be greater than a specific value, otherwise the transistor goes in the saturation and the amplification is not linear anymore.

Thanks vfone.

But I still don't understand. in datasheet shows " VCE = 3.6 V, IC (set) = 30 mA (RF OFF),f = 460 MHz, Pin = 0 dBm". if RF OFF, why is there pin=0dBm? please see the attached:paras_1.
how to explain IC(set)=30mA in VCE ~IC curve? also what is the relationship between IC(about 500mA) and Icq(30mA).

This time I have attached the datasheet here. Thanks

Attachments

• paras_1.JPG
    paras_1.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 91
  • paras_2.JPG
    paras_2.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 95
  • nesg250134.pdf
    270.9 KB · Views: 89

So, first set IC to 30mA with RF OFF, and after that turn the RF ON having power equal with 0dBm (or less).

Thanks vfone again.
After re-reading datasheet and your replies, I have more understanding about these parameters in datasheet. Also there are some other questions need to understand, I will study more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back