Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] How to unbrick a TLG10UA03 Wifi module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillcrazy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Folks - I think I have bricked one of my two TLG10UA03 Wifi modules.
Both worked originally. I can log on to the good one through both WIFI and
the serial port using the programming utility.
Using both these same methods won't let me in to the one I think I have bricked.
This has only happened since I changed the Wifi setting from AP to STA.
The LEDS are behaving as they should.
Has anyone managed to default one of these modules.
I have searched the net but to no avail.
Cheers

Folks - I think I have bricked one of my two TLG10UA03 Wifi modules.
Both worked originally. I can log on to the good one through both WIFI and
the serial port using the programming utility.
Using both these same methods won't let me in to the one I think I have bricked.
This has only happened since I changed the Wifi setting from AP to STA.
The LEDS are behaving as they should.
Has anyone managed to default one of these modules.
I have searched the net but to no avail.
Cheers

Hi I had a similar issue, can you make a serial connection to the module? If so then in the serial monitor, send "+++" without line feed or carriage return (vital, check serial monitor settings). If it replies ok you are back in.

Bevangg - Thanks for your reply. I had tried sending +++ via the serial connection and couldn't connect.
BUT what I had forgotten was that I had previously changed the baud rate.
After going through the entire baud rate options of my serial program I eventually got the +OK response and I was back in.
I had also read somewhere that a CR should be sent after all AT commands. That appears to be correct for all BUT the +++.
I have since defaulted the module and all is working as it should.
Thanks again for your reply.

Glad you got it sorted!

Hello Folks, I'm experiecing pretty same problem here:
Had a TLN13UA06 Wi-Fi module (guess those are pretty same we are discussing here). Its a cheap and simple Wi-Fi UART module.
First time I've set it up to connect to my AP and everything was fine for some weeks, but I've purchased another AP and had to re-configure module to hook up on it. After I've connected to it through USB-COM-TTL, I've entered setup, changed AP name, reseted module and sience that I cant make it neither to connect to AP, nor to host a BSSID. Module looks pretty well, its not hot to touch and all leds are working as intended.
Still can connect to it with terminal, tried to make a recovery with default settings - didnt help.
After sending "+++" Im getting a +ERR=-1 message, which is supposed to be some kind of error. Ran through manuals but couldnt find anything about it.
If you have any exp. with this - please share with me (taking too long to get those modules shipped)
Thanks in advance,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back