Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to turn a computer monitor into TV ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i was wondering how difficult it is to convert a computer monitor into normal TV .
i searched google and i found this

**broken link removed**

in this page i think they consider using a tv card tuner from ATI .

is there any document which describes what kinda signals monitors need to work and is there any circuit that converts RCA signals for example to a signal that fits the monitors ?

thanks for answering me .

REGARDS

You wish to feed a PC monitor with a composite vide signal ?

I wish to do the same, but has no time to work on this now, but guess that one way is to get monitor schematic and find out where is possible to insert the comp. signal. But this will not work, cos the signal are treated in different way, so a better way should be to convert the comp. video to digital. That´s what I´m looking for.
Let me know if U get more info.

yes , thats exactely what i wanna do but find nothing woth on the internet ( i'm still searching )
may be i should learn about how a monitor works and then try to design my own circuit to convert composite or rca signals into once which fits the monitor .
but still didn't find any documents describing monitors way of working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back