Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to tune the differential matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry117

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
differential matching

I meet a problem how to tune the differential matching. This matching network is between the differential output of PA and differential input of Balun. Now, I know the input impedance of Balun is 50 ohm, but I don't know the output impedance of PA. In addition, I also have the reference design that includes this matching network and components values. After I measure the output power of this circuits. The power is smaller than vendor's expect. I guess two reasons. One is the layout. The other is differential mismatching. How should I slove this problem?

differential matching network

If you have a reference design try to follow it as you can.
Some general alyout consideration are:
-compact the matching network
-use simmetry
-be aware of grounding of components. This is a very "hot" problem. The vendor of the balun usually gives some layout advices. Follow them carefully.
-use component with good Q.
Bye
Mazz

matching network differential

You might try @gilent app note AN1373-7 (5988-2923EN.pdf) to start.

tune differential matching

I think it is better you attach the schematic of your diff amp here! It is simple to us to discuss more on your topic...

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back