Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transmit data serially in C++ from the Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

te04-0202

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any body help me with C++ code for serially transmit data from the computer. The microcontroller (AT89C52) will receive that data. Well I have written the microcontroller's code. Please help me with the C++ code for transmitting data from computer to AT89C52.

Hi te04-0202,
Lot of free applications are readily available in internet which will serve your purpose. Typically they access the PC COM port and send the data you require. You just need to make sure of the physical layer (RS232 / TTL) and the baud rate settings.
One such good software is "COMDEBUG" also known as "WINDMILL".
You can download it for free and start using.

Regards,
vhn

te04-0202

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
te04-0202 said:
Can any body help me with C++ code for serially transmit data from the computer. The microcontroller (AT89C52) will receive that data. Well I have written the microcontroller's code. Please help me with the C++ code for transmitting data from computer to AT89C52.

Look at this link:

**broken link removed**

I've also attached the source.

Cheers
F.F. a.k.a. Powermos

te04-0202

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.