Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transmit an audio signal in a single bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkdelabaca

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Audio in one bit

Hello,

I need digitize an audio signal and transmitting it by a single cable. In the receiving board it is necessary to make the digital to analogic conversion.

They can give me ideas to transmit the signal of audio in a single bit?
The BW of the cable are limited at 200kbit and it is important that the electronic components are of low cost

thanks & Regards!

Re: Audio in one bit

One way is to use an ADC converter with the output already in serial format. The company that makes these will also make a DAC with serial input format.

Sigma-Delta modulation?

Of course, I think in a modulation sigma-delta. But, what electronic components shoud use? Especific IC's, DSP's, FPGA's,...?

RS232 on the wire. Convert the signal to digital and send it over the wire. How many bit do you want your audio, if it was 16 bit then you could only get 12500 samples per second at maximum which is not good unless this is just speach. How fixed is your specification? Any digital data can be put into serial. If you want one bit conversion then you need a sigma delta converter but this is different to what you transmit over the serial cable. What does the 1 bit refer to?

Seperate A/D and D/A converters at transmitting and recieving ends respectively.

Try Analog Devices or Texas Instruments.

bimbla.

10 bits of resolution are sufficient. This resolution allows to sample at 20kHz (The BW of the cable are about 200kb).
If I use a sigma-delta modulation, I can sample faster.
The problem is that I do not know that type of converters A/D and D/A I must use. Somebody can recommend some converters of low cost?

Regards!!!!

h**p://www.ti.com/
h**p://www.maxim-ic.com/index.cfm

Look under audio probably on ti. Data converters on the max site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back