Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transfer the duty of a PWM signal to a accurate voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmaster

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the frequency of the input pwm signal can vary from 5K to 10K.Need a circuit to transfer the duty of the PWM to a voltage or current with 8bit resolution whatever the frequency is . Anybody can help or give some ideas.

Would a simple low-pass filter like this work:
30_1306110086.png

That circuit was just chopped out of a larger design, but I show it just to give you the idea.

John

Thanks a lot.But it is impossible to build the 10uF on chip.

It was just an approach I used to convert duty cycle at a fixed frequency to a servo control. The frequency was much lower, so my capacitor was larger. Values can be adjusted for different frequencies. I suspect it would not work too well, if the frequency and duty cycle are changing together. In that case, a purely digital approach or a clocked integrator might work.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back