Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transfer file to Solaris from PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2001

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, dear

Anybody knows transfer file to Solaris from Windows? My Solaris is not conneted to internet or networked.

Machine is Blade 100

dd2001 said:
Hi, dear

Anybody knows transfer file to Solaris from Windows? My Solaris is not conneted to internet or networked.

Machine is Blade 100

Sorry but if your work-station is standalone I don't think that you can transfer data, less than you do not have "DAT" or "CD-ROM RW", from the two machine. I think that best solution is to connect your sun work-station to local-area-network so you can transfer files with every ftp programs. A good alternative is to have a linux machine with samba installed, in this case you can mount the sun hard-disk on your linux server and then read and write this disk under windows. An others positive note of this late solution is that you can (with a simple X-windows client e.g. X-WIN) run programs on solaris OS in remote mode under windows.
Regards Gnomix

It has been a while, but as I recall - Solaris can read and write DOS compatilble floppy disks. Break you file into 1.4m pieces and put it on floppy disks that you can read into your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back