Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transfer data/program from one PIC to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattb94509

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
God afternoon to all,

I'm new here so please forgive my lack of knowledge or correct terminology. I need some advice. I have a microcontroller chip (PIC18F2525-I/SP and a PIC18F 2620-I/SP) that contains Data/Program that I would like to copy/transter over to a new PIC CHIP. Can this be done I understand that I may need a program such as WIN PIC800 and Pic Programer.

Is this possible for some one like me with very little knowledge to do. The Data/Program is from a company from the 80's that is no longer in business so findinf these products is very difficult.

If I can't do it, can some one refer me to a company that does?

Thank you for your time.

Matt

pic transfer

If the fuse bits are set so that you are allowed to read the program then programming software should be able to read the contents of the chip and you should be able to store it to a file, probably in intel hex format. As for data, well that is in ram and so there is nothing to save. And I don't think micros had EEPROM memory back in the 80's, but a programmer can read that too. If the fuse bits are set so that you can't read the memory, then you can't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back