Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to testing ADC/DAC by using MATLAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same question:
how can i use the data from simulation(such as Hspice) to do some MATLAB test?
that is the interface between Hspice and MATLAB.
can you understand me ,my English is poor.
thanks

I have understood.
you can use the hspice matlab tools.

You can use logic analyzer to get the data. Then data is analysed by MATLAB program.

i am testing DAC using the discrete data obtained from HSPICE simulation. Data frequency is (15/32)*50M and sampling frequency is 50MHz.

However I found that even the data is got from ideal DAC , the FFT plot is not satisfying in matlab with only about 20dB SFDR.

Anyone can tell what is the problem ?

Even with more data points, the situation is the same.

I am using a perl script to generate the ideal DAC output , I am wondering whether the perl script does not have enough accuracy.

loveseed,

1.Be caureful the sampling freuqency can not be integral times of the input frequency.
2. select a complete whole cycle, that means if you choose N points, the N+1 point will exactly overlap the first point.

Thank you!

I have taken care of that.
512 sampling points has 240 data cycles and the discrete data has 16 cycles.

512*15/32=240
every 32 sampling cycles equals 15 data cycles
So the discrete data is periodic after each 15 data cycles.
discrete data cycles: 240/15=16

Any other considerations? I use 50M samping freq and 10M data freq, the situation is better.

I think logic analyzer should be better and necessary

In toolbox, we cannot use the program in window environment.
Do you guys know somehow we can use it in window environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.