Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test the output swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhutiancheng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to test the output swing of my design.But I don't know to do it in a close loop. Could anybody tell me the solution? thanks!

Although it may be funny but one may ask that "is your design a swing for children?"

How anybody will know what design is subject here?

If your design some sort of amplifier with feedback, output should follow (by a feedback factor) the input so swinging the input will swing the output. If input swing is too much in either direction than output distorts and gives up following the input. From there you know how good the output swing is and the range of it. Of course load current, temp, process variations will effect the output swing range.

Applying DC ramp at the input and observing all the nodes of your circuits will reveal input range, output range etc. Good luck :)

I think I didn't say it clearly. I want to know the output swing range of my amplifier, because my design couldn't get four time gains in close loop. I just want to find the max output range.Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back