Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test the lifte time of a battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnansarwar2050

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a simple non rechargeable battery of 3.6V. Is there any way to confirm that how long it can provide backup. I have heard that the battery can provide backup upto 5 years. How can i confirm that it will really give backup for such a long time

The first thing to consider is the load current. What are you going to use as the load and how much current will it draw? What is the rating of the battery (mAh)? The greater the load current, the lower the backup time. The greater the battery capacity, the greater the backup time.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

In order to confirm it you'd need a bunch of batteries of the same type. Then you'd put them under the load you intend to use and at the same time you'd track battery parameters such as internal resistance and amp hour rating until you get a trend which you would then interpolate to a point they are deemed absolute. As you see this probably isn't practical in your case.

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

Our load draws the current of about 12mA according to which the load should be nearly 300 ohm. Rating of the battery (mAh) is not mentioned on the battery.

At best you can model it, but you will need all ambient conditions, load conditions, manufacturing variances and battery history; and the model will not be that reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back