Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test the CMRR of a fully differential amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
worst possible cmrr

You may refer to Allen's book: "CMOS Analog Circuit Design"

cmrr amplifier

The easiest way to do that is by shorting both input and apply a variable DC voltage to both throu the full range of input voltage. Monitor the output for each applied DC input.
The result of A=20*log(Vo/Vi) will be CMRR curve in dB.

worst case cmrr

The easiest way to do that is by shorting both input and apply a variable DC voltage to both throu the full range of input voltage. Monitor the output for each applied DC input.
The result of A=20*log(Vo/Vi) will be CMRR curve in dB.

I think this method will give a result of common mode gain also called Ac.
But the CMRR=Ad/Ac

How to get CMRR frequency response of a amplifer?

Added after 2 minutes:

Hughes said:
You may refer to Allen's book: "CMOS Analog Circuit Design"

Allen's book only introduce the method to test a single end amplifier

cmrr of differential amplifier

You will get the best signal-to-noise ratio by measuring at the highest permissible cmv. Also, it's unnecessarily complicated to sweep the cmv and evaluate the resulting cmrr curve because it is likely that cmrr will be well represented (with the very best snr) at a single, high cmv.

So, simply apply the maximum cmv to both inputs (which should be shorted together) and measure the output, then compute the cmrr as described in earlier posts.

fully differential cmrr

Can you please explain how to simulate CMRR for a fully differential op amp? I want to perform a Monte Carlo simulation and then select the worst case CMRR. How can I ensure that the simulation parameters are the same in my circuit for a given simulation run?

Cheers.

full differential cmrr

There is basically no difference bwt single-end opamp and diff-opamp, you can still get the gain of common-mode gain at the two differential output.

cmrr testing

For a fully differntial amplifier, you need to introduce mismatches in your circuit to get meaningful CMRR results. Without mismatches, you would get an infinite CMRR ( i assume u apply a common mode signal to both inputs and measure the differntial output )

what do you mean by cmrr of an amplifier?

From your mismatch data, you calculate the mismatch of the diff pair and its load.
Then simulate that case, by modifying your schematic.

differential cmrr

In my memory , Allen's book talks about the test structure .

how to test cmrr amplifier

hi boooser,
When you monte-carlo on differential op-amp it gives the common-mode gain variation and mean. Do a separate simulation for differential gain (say at worst corner) and take the ratio. I guess this is a crude of doing but it gives a good estimate of worst case CMRR.

how to test cmrr

Very popular theme. But so difficult to use "search". :)
See attachment for example how build test bench for fully differential amplifier.
CMRR calculations are only valid for montecarlo simulation, because CMRR is strong affected by mismatch. If u haven't MC models, u'll can introduce mismatch in ur schematic (e.g. introduce voltage source with dVth in gate circuit, dVth is calculated from ur process specification as dVth=A/sqrt(W*L), constant A provided by fab) so u'll get only estimation of CMRR.

Regards

fully differential amplifier test

nobody explain clearly

worst cmrr

anyone could tell me is it anyway i able to get those scripts and test schematic in the white paper " Functional Verification Of A Differential Operational Amplifier" ??
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back