Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to test PC parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeda amna

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

how to test the parallel port of a computer.
I have faced a lot of trouble during parallel port interfacing. now i want to test whether my lpt port is ok or not.
how can I check whether it is working or not.

i am using Win Vista.

thanks.

which compiler you use for your parallel port program ?

this my freeware..u can use this software to check the output from the port..use multimeter to check wheter it have 5V or not at your pin..

Attachments

• LocX ParaCon.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 249
syeda amna wrote:

my program is written in C language.

if you use turboc then you can have access (16bit mode).

if you use visualc , then you should have appropriate rights for accessing the port.

hence the question.

hi

how to test the parallel port of a computer.
I have faced a lot of trouble during parallel port interfacing. now i want to test whether my lpt port is ok or not.
how can I check whether it is working or not.

i am using Win Vista.

thanks.

Just connect a printer and print a page, if it is ok then your printer port is fine else the printer will show error

Thanks for your replies.
Just connect a printer and print a page, if it is ok then your printer port is fine else the printer will show error

i don't have parallel port printer.

this my freeware..u can use this software to check the output from the port..use multimeter to check wheter it have 5V or not at your pin..

i will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back