Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to test genius g540 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

numair_noor

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i have baught genius g540 two days ago. and since then i am trying to blink an led on P1.B0 of atmel at89c52 on bread board. i am using mikroc pro for 8051 software for creating hex file. and using g540 software to program microcontroller.
things i know for sure . those are properly working:
1: power supply. i have DMM and i checked it. its 4.89 volts as VCC.
2: properly grounded circuit
3: crystal oscillator i have tried both 12MHz and 20MHz.
4: led and resistor.

i dont know about microcontroller and the programmer. may be one of them is not functioning properly.
any one who can suggest me something to check and resolve problem.
i dont know if problem lies in programmer. perhaps its working properly. because it does not give any error while programming 8052(i have 3 controllers. one of them has got its 12 and 13 pins somehow faulty. and programming software confirms that 12 and 13 number pins are faulty. which gives me some relaxation that programmer is not faulty. but i dont know why this simple hardware isn't working:( please help.. do suggest something.
)

did u connect your pin 31 to vcc?...and hav u simulated your code so as to be certain with wot u hav written. why not use a lower cystal and also try connecting the crystal body to ground...also remember to add up a power filter cap across ur +5V and GND.....gud luk

- - - Updated - - -

did u connect your pin 31 to vcc?...and hav u simulated your code so as to be certain with wot u hav written. why not use a lower cystal and also try connecting the crystal body to ground...also remember to add up a power filter cap across ur +5V and GND.....gud luk

You need to have working hex code, properly set fuse bits, tested hardware to test your code. Can you read back your code from chip to verify?

i did not give vpp on pin no. 31 before. but even after giving it 5 volt vpp. its not working. may be controllers are faulty :(

hi all. the problem is solved. guess how??
i attached 10uF capacitor and 10K resistor on reset pin of microcontroller. and its working just fine. plus vpp of 5v on pin number 31, vcc on pin # 40 and ground on pin # 20

i am laughing at myself. hahahahha.. how silly i am to forget this...:p
thanks for your replies...

- - - Updated - - -

please tell me how to attach this HELPED ME button with my replies on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.