Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test delay time with FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjwywn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Nowdays we are designing an ATE, there are two signals A and B,we need to test the dalay time of signal A after signal B falling low. It is easy to test it with oscilloscope.

My question is how to test the delay time with the help of FPGA device ,and which family device should I choose? After signal B falls from 3.3V to 0V, signal A will change from 0V to be a pulse signal , the frequency of A is about 200K Hz.

Can somebody tell me how to realize it ? We will design the test board by ourselves.

Thanks !
1.jpg

The answer depends on the intended measurement range and resolution. Counting delay time with 5 or 10 ns resolution is a trivial task in terms of HDL programming.

Thank you very much !
You mean I can choose 100M Hz clock as the working frequency. I want to use Spartan3AN device as the processor, using a 133 MHz clock oscillator installed in the auxiliary clock oscillator socket. Does it work ?
Best regards.

133 MHz should be fine for delay counting. You can also generate a different timebase with the Spartan 3AN PLL ("DFS").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back