Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to test a flash adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

niket_jmd

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made a flash adc in mentor tools its 6 bit nd flash architecture

so how to check the specification of adc
i mean INL and DNL etc how to make these tests??

you can input a ramp signal. ideal number is a code display times with ideal condition. active number is a code display times with active condition.
DNL(i)=(ideal number - actvie number)/ideal number
INL(i)=∑DNL(0:i)

thnks...............and wht abt sndr and snr ..........i mean dynamic chracterstic

Hi niket,
I am working on same design of TIQ flash ADC using mentor graphics tools.how did u find the speed of adc,can you please give me ur specifications ,how speed it is workin.
thaks a lot in advance.
Regards,
Raj

finding speed is simple as we can find the code trasition delay.......with respect to clock........generally sndr and snr falls and which defines the max inp frequency........stilll i have to check it

you can give a sin signal,then you can analyse the output datas with spice-explore:converte the output datas to digital signal,then converte the digital signal to analog signal,finaly u can get the sndr,snr,sfdr,enob,etc. you also can refer to the spice-explore help.

niket_jmd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, I got Spice simulation results for 6 bit TIQ ADC for sinusoidal input.But i could not get an idea to find INL,DNL,SNR,SNDR and EDOB.How to find all these in Matlab and how can i give spice outputs as input in Matlab.can you please explain for same in Detail.Thanks in adv.

Hi,

Kindly see the attachment, it may be useful to you,

If you need more details, don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara
CRL-BEL

Can anyone show how to get SFDR an SNDR in detail?

SFDR:10log(P_signal/P_maxharmonic)
SNDR:10log(P_signal/(P_harmonic+P_niose))

lwjbh said:
SFDR:10log(P_signal/P_maxharmonic)
SNDR:10log(P_signal/(P_harmonic+P_niose))

ThanKs
I mean how to use cadence's DFT function to measure SFDR and SNDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back