Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to test a filter created from Fdatool on matlab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I have created a filter from FDAtool and want to test it on Simulink but I didn't see any response on the Scope

I used discrete impulse as input What can I do to see the output ?

Thanks

I get this warning :

Warning: The model 'FIRFilterTest' does not have continuous states, hence using the solver 'VariableStepDiscrete' instead of solver 'ode45'. You can disable this diagnostic by explicitly specifying a discrete solver in the solver tab of the Configuration Parameters dialog, or setting 'Automatic solver parameter selection' diagnostic to 'none' in the Diagnostics tab of the Configuration Parameters dialog.

Attachments

• FIR test.jpg
    FIR test.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 63
  • FIR test2.jpg
    FIR test2.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 59
  • FIR test3.jpg
    FIR test3.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Which filter did you make? Low pass high pass? Depending on that take a signal which has a frequency lying in pass band of that filter and another frequency outside of it. And then take fft of output to see whether the frequency outside of the passband has been eliminated.

Your filter takes continuous time data. Chirp is from continuous library. Replase it with digital source or insert Zero-Order Hold unit at fiter input with 1/800 sample time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back