Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to tackle multiple threads in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cappuccino

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am relatively inexperienced in C though i've done alot of work on Java. I wanted to know if it is possible to use multithreading features in C because i know C doesn't support multithreading....So is it possible to cater with this inability? If so, how? And if not, then what should be done where the multiple threads are required? Would C not be a good option in that case?

Re: Regarding C

C does support multithreading as long as you have the appropriate libraries and you are targeting a multithreaded operating system.

For example, if you are writing a windoze application, simply use CreateThread() to launch a c function as a new thread.

U can write mutithreaded applications in Linux.
But in windows I think it is not possible.
But Visual C++ provides methods for mutithreading.

Hello,
Posix threading is only defined for C language only.
You can use it undr linux & under windows.
Amraldo

Regarding C

hi mutithreading is a feature of OS and when u use C under an OS that suport it u can write MT programs(for example dos has not MT feature and u cant and win32 and linux have and u can use it)
in win ucan use from CreateThread and in linux i think the fork function is for doing it. be success. excuse me cuse of my bad english.

hey all whats this posix all about ? i have worked with c in win32 environment . i have heard about posix. whats it and hows it different?

ashwini182 said:
hey all whats this posix all about ? i have worked with c in win32 environment . i have heard about posix. whats it and hows it different?
POSIX is the name used for most Linux, Unix and BSD systems.
As they all work the same in principle. It is easier to talk about POSIX than all
the other individually.
It differs a lot from Windows..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back