Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to sync network drive with local folder in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am wondering if it is possible to update as backup all the contents of the local folder in Windows 10 and put in the folder in network drive ? This should happen every hour if there is any change in the local folder.

Hi,

I do it in a very old style .. works for decades now:
A simple batch (including XCOPY) that gets started every couple of hours by the windows scheduler.

Usually we have a server sytem doing this - more professionally.
But for my local things I´m playing around - it´s rather useful and simple.
You are free to overwrite existing files with new/modified fiels, but you may also generate a folder every run or every day, or every moth -as you like..

But besides my "minimalistc backup system" there should be many more advanced software - even free.

Just do an internet search.

Klaus

Hi, Can you please name some recommended software that can sync one folder to another at scheduled time ?

I recommend great website for finding software based on one that you know or only know what you're looking for:

This site gives you a list of software that you can quick compare based on a license type (free/commercial) and on what platform is available.

This network drive is in your local network it is connected to router? If yes just there is option in Windows 10 like Map Network storage in "Your Computer" window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back