Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to switch the AC signal to control logic signal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Anyone can tell/teach me how to switch the AC signal to control logic signal (+5V)? Please can you show me the design connection.....

Bellow i am showing the logic signal to control the AC signal...

Thanks...

Re: Traic as Switch

You can use standard optocoupler (diode-phototransistor) as per attached drawings.
In the first circuit the voltage is dropped by a capacitor (no heat) in the second circuit the same function is achieved by a power resistor.
Regards,
IanP

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

hi,

What the value i need to choose for the capacitor (for AC want izit)?
the resistor i need to choose high watt, if i choose 10R? and
normal 4N25 optocouler...

Which want design you recommend...

Thanks....

Assuming that the voltage is 220Vac and the diode current will be 10mA, the resistor's value will be ≈22kΩ, or the capacitor's value ≈150nF/250Va ..
My preference is the circuit with a capacitor as there will be no heat generated by this passive component. In case of the reasistor, you will need to use one rated to at least 2.5W ..
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.