Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to switch on a pulse amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowell

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sir;

This is my problem: I fed a signal between 0.4Volts to 0.6Volts to a 2N3906 Transistor. I could not switch on the amplifier. How would i deal with this?

The Frequency is 5MHz.

Thank you..

LOwell

0.4V-0.6V voltage is to low to switch on a transistor ..
Try to increase this control voltage to >1V and connect a current limiting resistor in the transistor's base (for 1V signal use 33Ω<R<100Ω) ..

Regards,
IanP

lowell

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This input signal is somewhat fixed because it is the output of the logic gates and will be fed to the said transistor..
Is it possible if we will put a comparator??

Usually, a logic gate output operate in wider range than 0.4-0.6V ..
But, if it is all you have you definitely need to amplify this signal and a comparator seems to be quite a good choice ..

Regards,
IanP

ok I will try..tanx..

Regards,
lowell

Added after 20 minutes:

sir:

do you have a design for a transistorized pulse amplifier..I had a hard time searching the net..

thank you

regards,
lowell

I certainly have one ..
Here is the link:

Regards,
IanP

i've seen the diagram. . .
is this a 5Mhz pulse?

This pulse amplifier should moretheless deal with 400ns pulses, but can you tell me who I am talking with: lowell or reggieboy ???

Regards,
IanP

we're a team. . . working together in a project. . . tnx 4 ur help. . . we really appreciate it. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back