Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to store data in pic18f252

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthuece12

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In My Project I am using PIC18f252 and MPLAP IDE. I need guidelines to store data in controller that must be changeable to user and also when power is switched on it must have last session user data.
If you have any example program please post that. Please help me on this situation thanks in advance

if your controller having built in EEPROM and just continous read and write.
otherwise use external EEPROM.

It depends upon your data size and the size of internal eeprom. If your data doesn't fit in internal eeprom then you have to use external eeprom. Zip and post your project files.

if your controller having built in EEPROM and just continous read and write.
otherwise use external EEPROM.

thanks embpic, now I got idea on this problem and also my controller having 256 bytes internal eeprom. its sufficient for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends upon your data size and the size of internal eeprom. If your data doesn't fit in internal eeprom then you have to use external eeprom. Zip and post your project files.

thanks jayanth.devarayanadurga. my data size is less than internal eeprom size.

See if your compiler has eeprom write and read functions. It is easy. Something like...

Code C - [expand]
unsigned char retVal = eeprom_read(0x01);

unsigned char addr = 0x02;
unsigned char data = 0xAA;

eeprom_write(addr, data);

Status
Not open for further replies.