Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to step down the 60A current from a wind mill to 5A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immikhan25

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
60A Amp current is coming out of wind mil at full RPM.I am using a lead acid battery charger which will operate at 5A.How step down the 60A current to 5A.?

how wind mil work

Hi Immikhan,

At what load condition 60A comes out ?

windmill battery charger

immikhan25 said:
60A Amp current is coming out of wind mil at full RPM.I am using a lead acid battery charger which will operate at 5A.How step down the 60A current to 5A.?
What are the technical specifications of your charger?
What is the output voltage of the windmill?
Wether it requires 5 amps to start charging the batteries or it delivers 5 amps to the batteries?
What voltage is the Input for the charger and what is the output.
What is the capacity of the battery in Ah?

wind mil in pakistan

350 Watt water Pump

Added after 7 minutes:

5 Amp needs to start charging.100 AH is the battery capacity.

www.wind mil.com

Why it's so difficult to answer clear and simple questions?

Do you have a battery charger, that can be supplied by the generator ("wind mill") or do you want to design a charging circuit by yourself?

wind mil

immikhan25 said:
350 Watt water Pump
Added after 7 minutes:
5 Amp needs to start charging.100 AH is the battery capacity.
Detailed answers expected to all the 5 questions. Go ahead.

windmil

Well your source is capable of delivering 60Amps. Its actually a voltage source with 60Amps capacity. If you connect it directly to a lead acid battery, the battery may consume up to 60Amps. This is dangerous for the battery.
What you need is a current limited battery charging circuit. Any buck regulator with 100% PWM duty cycle with current limit can be made to work for this application

Re: Wind Mil

hello,
i am engaged in the same project which u r.
i need ur help.
i would like to design a generator at my own.i need to convert some permanent magnet motor into generator for my wind mill.could i get pmm in market.where does this pmm's apllication fall???????
pls...........helpme.
the generator out put should be 300-500watt.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back