Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to start ucos ii programming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinzpaul4u

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Good wishes!

I'm trying to learn ucos ii. I newbie for this platform. I've some experience in ARM7 processor programming.. I've some doubts ucos programming..

1. in which ARM flavor ucos will work..?
2. how I can get ucos .. means if it open source or trial version is there?
3. this rtos would work on windows 7 or any software IDE for programming..?
4.how to dump a ucos program into arm processor...?

So i'm requesting to you..could you please guide me in this subject ..awaiting your replies,

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Greetings,

Question 1. If you navigate to micriums website (the company behine uC/OS_II), you can find all the processors that they support. Of course these are just the ones that they already have ports for. If you were to write your own bsp then you could use it on other processors as well.

Question 2. Unfortunately, uC/OS-II is not free for commercial development. However, if you are just using it for personal projects, or if you are a student, then it is free. However, this is just for the source code. Other features, such as USB stacks, filesystems, etc, are not free; even for personal use (though I do think they provide free trials).

Question 3. Yes you can work with Windows 7. The more important question that you should ask is what platform and IDE you want to use. But yes, Windows 7 should work fine.

Question 4. What arm where you planning on using. As I mentioned, you can go to Micruims website and they will list all the processors that are currently supported by uC/OS-II. When you decide what processor you want, download the source code and the port and they will have an example project that will usually allow you to blink some LEDs or something. This will get you up and running. From there I would recommend looking at documentation or maybe even consulting one of the many books that are available regarding this rtos. Good Luck

-Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back