Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start learning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skamthey

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am an analog layout designer (Beginner) and want to built my career in the field of Analog Design.
It will be helpful if anyone tell me how to start and what should be the step-by-step procedure to make myself comfortable with the design issues.

Thanks in Advance
Sorabh

That depends on how much you know about analog. If you already know the basics, such as transistors equations, calculating operation points, gm, rds, and all those equations then you can start designing amplifiers right away, starting with Two-Stage amplifiers and evolving to more complicated strutures as your experience increases. Always guide yourself with a book such as the one written by Razavi.Pay attention to details, in analog everything matters.If your knowledge is very limited, you should start by even simpler things such as common source amplifiers. Razavi's book can help you with that too.

Anyway, learning amplifier circuits is the best way to begin working in analog since those are the basic building blocks for everything.

Mastering analog design isn't easy and takes some time. It's very mathematical so learn and understand the equations. It's easier to do it if you practice as you learn.

Good luck

HI skamthey,

I would add something else. I don’t know your background, but you need to be very comfortable and confident with the base of electric circuit analysis and fundamental electronics. For instance, resistive circuits, Dependent source and op amps, analysis methods, first-order circuits, and so on.
If your base is solid, you can ignore this and go directly to basic circuits of microelectronics books. I suggest you: Sedra and Razavi. These two approaches are different and complete each other.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back