Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Start Learning Microwave filter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_1

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to start microwave filter design (1Ghz-10GHz) but I don't have any idea how can I start to learn and what should I read and practice with them?
if there is no problem could you introduce me some good books and reference?
which software Should I start with it? and which is best software?
Thank you

Hi, you can follow the following book:
MICROWAVE FILTERS, IMPEDANCE-MATCHING NETWORKS, AND COUPLING STRUCTURES
By GEORGE L. MATTHAEI, LEO YOUNG, E. M. T. JONES

Reactions: baby_1

baby_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can use some tutorial and filter guide in Advanced Design System - Keysight EEsof EDA

baby_1

Thank you dear catherine_smith
This book seems to be very old that cover new software in filter design but it is so old famous book.what is handbook in microwave filter design?

There isn't any "unique" book that covers all type of RFMW filter types.There are different sources for different kind of filter structures because lumped an distributed filter design techniques are pretty different.Therefore dedicated sources can be studied for each filter design target.
Also, a synthesize tool ( or more ) is recommended for quick and accurate filter designs.For instance "Nuhertz Filter Design Package" is quite good.Other RFMW simulation tools such as ADS, Nexxim have pretty accurate and practical filter design guides and tools.

baby_1

Thanks dear friends
Could you introduce me some step by step books that I can follow them to improve my self in microwave filter design from basic principle to professional level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back