Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start learning AVR with WinAVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

u04f061

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would linke to say hello to all of u. I've been out from this forum for years i think with no activity.
i recently decided to learn avr micro controller and then my memories reminded me of this old forum where i used to post in Linux section as well as in elementary electronic section. now i have seen a lot of changes in this forum. i even can't access user control panel and eda ebook upload download section. i think it is because of my inactivity.

ok let us come to the topic.

i want learn avr microcontroller and i don't like assembly as it is difficult. so plz suggest me where to start? is there any ebook available for avr using winavr? plz post a link.

thanx in advance.

books winavr

Welcome to AVR

The best place to start AVR is avrfreaks.net

ATMEL has a free IDE AVR Studio, you can download it at atmel.com

If you are interested in C then you can have winavr for free.

Comeup with problems we are here to help

Happy programming
Nandhu

u04f061

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
start avr

thanx nandhu for your nice reply.
Comeup with problems we are here to help
i already knew about the avr studio and winavr. i also got a book from one of sharing site discussing avr butterfly. however the book was nice but it was all about butterfly. then i searched for ebooks on pic. i found a lot of ebooks in www.4shared.com about pic. i dived into pic and i have done alot of pic projects and simulated in proteus. after learning pic, i think that avr architecture and avr assembly is much better than pic especially because of avoiding banks and providing a lot of instruction.

as i am having a job and do programming on week ends, so my progress is a v. slow, however i remained stuck with hideous assembly of pic and finally i got the thing done. now i don't have any fear from assembly. i think i can program in assembly. so i will try to combat AVR in upcoming weekend after completing USART section on pic.

truly i would be looking forward for your kind

Status
Not open for further replies.