Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start a TCP/IP connection using mc35i

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeedmoradpour

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mc35i

Hi
I am using mc35i to send some bytes of data to a website using gprs network.
After doing some setting I get connected to the network and get some line of letters which for the traffic of thenetwork .After a minute I get NO Carrier response which I suppose is caused by my inactivity.The point is that I am using At Command to connect but after receiving CONNECT response I cannot use AT Command anymore.
So ,how can I send my data after getting connected.
I am really in need of help.

mc35i tcp/ip

Some newer GSM modems have an integrated TCP stack (e.g. TC65, MC75), but MC35 hasn't. TCP connection can be established using external PPP and TCP stack, e.g. from a Windows PC. Apart from accessing GPRS, the connection setup is similar to regular data call remote dial-in.

mc35i connection

hi Fvm
thanks
You are right but the problem is that I do not know how to implement PPP and TCP /IP stack since I am not going to use any PC at the end.All the stuff are giong to be done by a microcontroller.I need some help on how and where to start .

mc35i gprs connection

I see. A lot of TCP portings, some including PPP, is available for uPs. There are free projects as uIP or lwip and many processor specific packages, some distributed by the chip manufacturers. It's also possible to write a PPP and TCP implementation from the scratch starting with the basic RFCs. A detailed RFC reading is advisable anyway to better understand the existing implementations.

external tcp/ip mc35

Thanks
I suppose i have go the point I go on to see how can I solve the problem.
As a matter of fact I have got a book which is for embedded sytem.
It has different algorithem for UDP, IP ,sochets and all the stuff we need to configure a connection .I have read some of this book .But it hasn`t got to the depth of problem.I mean how the ports are opened and how they are transfered.
any Idea is appreciated.

mc35i + howto

You can trace a dial-up connection on a PC with Ethereal/WireShark and decode the complete protocol, starting with the different PPP levels. The tool may be also a valuable help in debugging embedded TCP implementations.

ppp protocol and tcpip connection for mc35i

Thanks
you hit the point,I think

Status
Not open for further replies.