Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to stable the simple DC motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles007wong

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I am doing on the project on the car. it have two motor to control the car movement. We using the MCU of AT89S53 to control the car. The power of the circult is separat from the motor power. We using the two pins of MCU connect to the motor driver SN74410 and the motor diver is then connect to a motor. To control the motor, MCU has to send signals through these two pins.

For example, MCU sends a high and a low signal through these two pins to the motor driver respectively, and then the motor driver will control the motor to rotation, say clock-wisely, and vice versa for these two pins changed to opposite polarity.

The speed of the motor is controlled by Pulse Width Modulation signal.

However, there have a lot of emf of the motor and the unstable voltage to let the car can not move forward.

Can anyone give some ideas to improve the movement of the car

Thx...

Case1: YOU DON'T NEED TO CONTROL THE VELOCITY OF MOTOR.
The car doesn't go forward because the motors is not equal. I mean the right motor can stronger than the left one.
Assume that the Right is > the Left. Then you take a Pot (variable resistor) series with the Right motor. Adjust the Pot until your car move forward.

Case2: YOU NEED TO CONTROL THE VELOCITY.
In this case, there is no Left or Right. You must control the motor seperately. To control it, first you model the motor. Then apply PID control algorithm on it. It is not too hard, but not easy.

Thx a lot... i need to control the VELOCITY and the Direction ar. What is PID control means ar... thx

Status
Not open for further replies.