How to speed up Internet connection speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandregowda

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have a Computer with Pentium 3 Processor, 550MHz, RAM 512MB.
Internet connection is about 2Mbps speed.

but it takes much time to open the web pages (it is working fine with my laptop).

what is the problem? how can i correct it?

Internet: Low speed

Is your laptop using pentium 3 too or maybe your laptop uses dual core top notch clock speed with other super fast capability? I think the engine is the problem, or if its not, check your cable...
or modem....
or... nah... your PC...

Internet: Low speed

not really, aside form software changes. my dual core amd x64 bit processor probably opens web pages in half the time when booted into linux, vs. win xp

Re: Internet: Low speed

hi,

i am planned to buy new computer

which is good? specify some config also,
basically we use All communication softwares, so it should be with More RAM(4GB or more).

thanks in advance

A few versions of Firefox have problems with flash plugin, consuming 90% of CPU for a few seconds and blocking, if this is in browsing.
If u have Windows, it can be everything from a virus to a resource consuming antivirus
Try it with a Linux and u may change your mind... Windows is quite bad at network stuff.

Well said Eugen_E !
how about suggesting an anti virus and that doesn't eat that much time? Many a time win users can't adopt to Linux that fast
even to add or delete a program, in Linux,( I am a Fedora Core8 User but not knowledgeable) it takes time

Sarma

Actually I still use Windows only for CAD software, with no internet access, and Linux for internet. If CAD versions for Linux were available, it would be better. And there are resource consuming linuxes too

I wanted to say that when i'll have a powerfull PC, i'd rather run Windows virtually inside Linux, with no internet access for Win and no antivirus, rather than standalone Windows with internet access and antiviruses. Runing virtual makes a secure development environment, with the network power of Unix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…