Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve 'unable to resolve function expression' for NsCircle in Advanced Design System (ADS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James10

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to simulate with the equation NsCircle, but it's unable to be resolved. Can anyone please help me.
problema.PNG

This is the circuit.
circ.PNG

I suppose the input signal goes at the left somewhere? Your schematic appears to be an amplifier. It would help if you draw the input signal clearly, and label it as to amplitude and polarity.

Right now there is no AC through your system (unless you created a new oscillator topology). The transistor receives small bias current therefore it turns on and conveys DC. You may get some ringing oscillations at startup although they're likely to fade.

Hi, yes of course it's an amplifier but the purpose of the exercise is to size the adaptation networks for a certain gain and for a certain amount of noise, keeping the amplifier unconditionally stable.
We have only polarized the amplifier but there is no need to consider a small signal at this time. The parameters that the NsCircle function should consider are those of the chosen transistor that the manufacturer has provided. We have only polarized the amplifier but there is no need to consider a small signal at this time. The parameters that the NsCircle function should consider are those of the chosen transistor that the manufacturer has provided.

Last edited:

L1 has a Henry value printed next to it, however the R value is blank. Does the simulation absolutely require a definite value for resistance of L1? Maybe you ought to fill in some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back