Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to solve a power divider in HFSS version 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyfunghy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a beginner to do antenna in HFSS. I don't why there is a error message during simulation.
[error] Port refinement, process abc3d : "LumpPort1" is incorrectly set up. A gap source will be short circuited by conductors. (10:15 下午 十一月 03, 2008)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (10:15 下午 十一月 03, 2008)

And I would like to make a L probe which is 180 phase shift to each other. So How do I tune the power divider in HFSS. How do I calculate? Thank you. It's urgent. Wish anyone could help.

Hi sunnyfunghy, your integration line is wrongly set up. It should point from bottom to top, or top to bottom.

To get 180 deg phase shift, you have to make sure that the other probe is half wavelength from the position where you get equal phase. Else, you can just move the probe experimentally in HFSS to get that position.

micky74 said:
Hi sunnyfunghy, your integration line is wrongly set up. It should point from bottom to top, or top to bottom.

To get 180 deg phase shift, you have to make sure that the other probe is half wavelength from the position where you get equal phase. Else, you can just move the probe experimentally in HFSS to get that position.

Thank you. But the problem is still occur when I follow your step to point the integraton line from bottom to top or top to bottom. So Am I correct to set? Do I have another error? I would to ask," Am I right to use lumport, or use wave port instead?" And Am I right to set both port in 50 Ohms when I want the power divider to be 180 phase shift. Wish anyone could help. And if anyone don't mind that, please post the correct geometry also. I want to have a look and take it as a reference in HFSS version 10. Thank you

I've attached the correct port geometry for port 1 but you have to follow and do it yourself for port 2 and 3. The error comes from drawing the integration line for a single conductor and that is not correct. You have to draw the line from one conductor to the other conductor.

You can use 50 ohm lump port in this case. The 180 deg phase shift comes from positioning your probe in the right location. Actually you don't even have to attach a lump port 2 and 3 because those ports should be on the two probes.

I'm quite busy nowadays otherwise I could have done the whole thing for you.

Let me know what's your deadline; I'll see whether I can do any more for you.

Hi sunnyfunghy!

I think you should go through all the examples of this book/tutorial: hfss_full_book V10.pdf. Download from here:

many of your problems will be solved.

micky74 said:
I've attached the correct port geometry for port 1 but you have to follow and do it yourself for port 2 and 3. The error comes from drawing the integration line for a single conductor and that is not correct. You have to draw the line from one conductor to the other conductor.

You can use 50 ohm lump port in this case. The 180 deg phase shift comes from positioning your probe in the right location. Actually you don't even have to attach a lump port 2 and 3 because those ports should be on the two probes.

I'm quite busy nowadays otherwise I could have done the whole thing for you.

Let me know what's your deadline; I'll see whether I can do any more for you.

Thank you. But I need design of the central stem composed of a 180 degree phase shifter with two L-probe. Do you have any example and theory for me to study so that I can desgin.I read some books but I cannot understand clearly.
here is the new geometry which I fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back