Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to size the cap of a sc cmfb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have read something about the sc cmfb in the book--'analog integrated circuit design'. there are four cap in the circuit. two of them are bigger and two smaller.
It says that the value of the smaller might be between 1/4~1/10 of the biger. I don't know why.Can anyone tell me? Thank you.

I guess you have known about continous time RC cmfb. In fact the sc cmfb do the same thing. Just look the sc as a resistor, and another capacitor serve as a filter. The size of the caps is up to your clock and amp's output impedance and also the frequency your amp works.

hanm

Hi
I Think this paper can help you:
H. Recoules, R. Bouchakour, and P. Loumeau, “A comparative study of two SC-CMFB networks used in fully differential OTA,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Electronic Circuits Systems, vol. 2, Sept. 1998, pp. 291–294.

Regards

didibabawu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Read this, it's useful,

Ojas Choksi and L.Richard Carley, Analysis of Switched-Capacitor Common-Mode
Feedback Circuit, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.