Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate VCO F-V curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcui

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a VCO, to characterize the gain, i.e. d(freq)/d(Vctrl). A frequency vs control voltage plot is necessary, however I do not know with HSPICE/ELDO simulator and spice explorer waveform viewer, how I can plot this curve?

thanks a lot.

note down frequency at different voltages and tabulate in exel sheet. In exel plot freq. v/s voltage
and you can find slope of the curve (i.e., d(freq)/dv --- gain of VCO )

and you use any script such as Ocean or Pearl to note down frequency at different voltages and to tabulate in exel sheet

In Hspice ,you can use .data description to alter the simulation at different control volage.
then use a .measure to calculate the frequency at each control voltage in the .data description.
after that, plot a f-v curve is easy.

You can use .meas to calculate the fosc in transient simulation.

and then use

.tran 2p 10n sweep vc 0 1 0.01

to get multiple measurements, eldo will give you a .sw0 file which contains swept measurement results.

if u have ELDO RF , u can use the SST comand too simulate the frequency versus voltage

Khouly

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi
how i can use .meas to calculate fosc??please help me.i can not find frea vs cont voltage curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back