Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate the PSRR in transition simulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twonsr

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi :

I have a trouble to simulate the PSRR about my voltage regulator.
I want to know my circuit's stability with vdd fluctuation , so I let my vdd to be a sin wave as sin( 10 15m 10k 0 0 0 )
10 is the vdd , 15m is the amlitude and 10k is the frequency.
And then I give a ".TRAN" instruction to get the output's fluctuation.

But I find if I add accurate=1 in options , the result will change very much.
Why ?

If my simuation method is wrong , please help me and give me some suggestion.
Thank you very much.

You should use ac analysis. Put an ac=1 source on your power supply and run ac analysis, look at the output node performance in freq response.

I'm not sure about the accurate=1 thing.

To measure PSRR, you would connect your output back to the input (negative terminal), ground positive terminal and run ac analysis on VDD and plot output.

maybe you can also try to add a sine source in power supply in tran analysis to see output, but this is only for verification.

The best way to know your PSRR of your circuit is to perfprm AC analysis as wee_liang told you AC=1.
But you need to perform this AC analysis for the both supply (i.e VDD and the ground) ,so two different analysis

I want to know the PSRR is equal to ripple rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back