Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the peak current of a class ab amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinacore

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate the peak current of a class ab amplifier.Who can help me?

Re: How to simulate the peak current of a class ab amplifier

chinacore said:
Peak DC or AC ? For DC peak, run a DC analysis and sweep the input over the full input range (or between GND & VDD). Use your std. output load.

erikl said:
chinacore said:
Peak DC or AC ? For DC peak, run a DC analysis and sweep the input over the full input range (or between GND & VDD). Use your std. output load.
I mean the max push and pull current of a Railt to rail class ab amplifier,DC peak.Sweep the input over the full input range is difficult for differential input amplifier.In addition,the class ab amplifier output stage connect a cap of 10pF.If you want to simulate the max pull current,the capacity maybe charged in high voltage,just dc analysis and sweep the input cannot consider the situation.
Another question,when the input signal is big enough,for the high gain of the first stage,first stage output signal distortion maybe happen.It is of no sense to simulate the max push or pull current in such condition.
Problem troubles me,look forward your reply.

chinacore said:
... the class ab amplifier output stage connect a cap of 10pF.If you want to simulate the max pull current,the capacity maybe charged in high voltage,just dc analysis and sweep the input cannot consider the situation.
If you really want the peak currents, then just use a short circuit load instead of the cap load, and sweep the realistic input range! Probe the nMOS and pMOS current, and the current through the short circuit load (e.g. 1Ω).

Everything, that happens in a real circuit can be simulated. I don't understand the said problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back