Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the input impedance in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

triple_core

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads input impedance

In ADS designGuide, there is a file called Stab_vs_freq_pwr. It uses a simplecoupler to simulate the transistor impedance during the runtime, without breaking the circuit. But there is no description or example how to use it. The schematic is as follows.

Does anyone know how to use it? thanks!1

impedance ads

You see b1 and a1 on the ideal coupler...
These are reflected and incident waves to the transistor.
Reflection coefficient(RC)=b1/a1
Input impedance=1+RC/(1-RC)
simple..

equation for impedance with ads

Thanks BigBoss!!
I agree with your equation but can you tell me how to use your give equations in ADS?

input impedance calculation ads

If a1 and b1 are complex quantities, the only thing you should do is to write in an equation in dds page..

input impedance equations

Now I can use your equation to obtain the transistor's source impedance, but if I want to know the impedance looking into the power source side, how should I do?
Thanks!

Added after 51 seconds:

I mean, if the input side is unknow, for example, in the interstage matching, I want to know the impedance of both side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back