Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the DNL and INL of a ADC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
An ADC based on binary weighted capacitor array needs to simulate its DNL and INL. I think the most important factor affecting the DNL and INL is the mismatch of the capacitor. Should I employ Mento carlo analysis ? And how to caculate the DNL and INL after every times of running?

benchen said:
An ADC based on binary weighted capacitor array needs to simulate its DNL and INL. I think the most important factor affecting the DNL and INL is the mismatch of the capacitor. Should I employ Mento carlo analysis ? And how to caculate the DNL and INL after every times of running?

maybe what you say is a current-steering DAC, for DNL and INL you can input a sinewave or a ramp, then process the data by a program based on code density testing or the transition level directly. But it'c time hungry.
Monte Carlo maybe work, more commonly, a matlab program is used with a standard deviation σ relevant to process and circuit to verify the performance.

Best

you can use the hspice matlab tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.