Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the clock generators in LTSPICE for an ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgjh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to build a clocked comparator. The preamplifer stage is built using switched capacitors. I have a circuit to generate these clock which should be given to the MOS transistors. How do I tie the clock into the LTSPICE model I am building for the comparator?

Your comparator model needs an input for the clock to enable the comparator.
Since you didn't post the model you have and I'm not clairvoyant, I cannot make a more detailed suggestion.

Maybe I worded my orginal post incorrectly. I am building a comparator from MOS transistors and trying to simulate them . However for the first sample and hold stage using switched capacitors, I need to provide a clock to the MOS transistors themselves. But the clock is generated using verilog code. I have the circuit level diagram if I need to enter it in manually. My question is how do I use this clock with the verilog code in LTSPICE?

In case of doubt, you'll use an independent voltage source (V component) with PULSE settings.

But the problem is that it involves a lot of work to accurately get each of the pulses to meet the verilog constraints. I already have the verilog code and would like to know if there is a way to get the 2 to work together?

There's no Verilog co-simulation in LTSpice.

I don'z however exactly understand the problem. You are talking about a single, continuous clock which is defined by a few parameters?

Okay . Thanks for the help. There is more than one clock though. In switched capacitors the clocks control which transistors turn on

You've been talking about "clock" rather than "clocks" in your initial post.

An alternative could be to convert a ModelSim list file to a LTSpice wavefile source. But if your Verilog clock generator is essentially a simple infinite loop, it can be better represented by PULSE sources.

Reactions: fgjh

fgjh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back