Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate suspended microstrip line over ebg structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahid78

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suspended microstrip

i am facing problems in modeling suspended microstrip line over ebg structures for characterizing EBGs. i am using CST for this problem.

when i use waveguide port for exciting the microstrip line CST gives me an error message about the port.

can anyone suggest any solution to this problem.

thanks

ebg structure

it seems no body is using cst for simulating microstrip structures.
i am still waiting for any helpful comments.

thanks

microstripline

Hi

I just want to check if you found a solution fot your problem or you still have problem...I am using HFSS

regards

simulate a microstripline

simulation UWB over EBG on CST. please. someone had simulated it. You help to me.

simulate microstripline

hi Mustafa_Engineer

well i was able to do simulation without any errors but i am not sure whether this is the best method to characterize EBGs

how you are characterizing EBG using HFSS

regards

microstrip simulated

Hi

I am using 50 ohm mictostrip line on the top face of the substrate and EBG as ground plane with two wave ports.

Regards

Mustafa

cst waveguide ports ebg structures

hello All..
Have you got a convincing results using microstripline??
Regards
Praful

susped micrstrip

Hi, could anyone help me, when we use the suspended microstrip line like above; when the s21 is minumum, what is value (min or max) of current surface density of our EBG? Thanks.

suspended microstrip line

hi cuongtran

well i am not sure how you model your structure. from your figure it seems you have placed a transmission line at a very large distance away your EBG structure.
how you computte the width of the line ?

i think if you upload your model then people may give you more helpful advice

thanks

microstripline modeling ads

Hi

i have noticed that whenever you model transmission line over EBG structure
CST MWS give warning message saying

waveguide port is inhomogenous. some higher order propagating modes have been neglected please decrease the port size or change the frequency range.

i want to know whether some one else also get these problems or not

it would be great if someone post a simple simulation model of microstrip line over EBG structure which has been simulated without any error or warning messages

thanks

cst microstripline

it seem that you should extend the length of the microstrip line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back