Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate SNR of DAC in the candence

Status
Not open for further replies.

wany

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have gotten wave of dft . But i don't konw how i can get SNR. thanks your helps

bad_egg3:

Could you please give us more details about it. What's spw and how to set up it?

If you use Spectre to simulate your circuit, you can use the "calculator" to do it.

In the "special fucntion" of the calculator, there is a command of "DFT".

After you choose the command of "DFT", you can easily fill some items, like start time, end time, the point of DFT , and the window of DFT.

Then you can get the SNR.

Yibin.

Hi, how can I do SNR simulation by Hspice ??
BTW, in spectre can I add .vec file into it ??

Thanks
Analog_starter

I heard on said DFT could only see the distortion, SNR is related to noise analysis and should use something related to ac analysis. But I dont know how

nibo_mmx

I heard on said DFT could only see the distortion, SNR is related to noise analysis and should use something related to ac analysis. But I dont know how

Yes. you are right. But we can get the quantization noise from the DFT.

Analog_starter

First question: Using .fft command. Also you just get the quantization noise.

Second: I have no idea about it.

Yibin.

[/quote]

You will get many quantization noise but you can't added it up use caculate

How to simulate the SNR of DAC in the HSPICE?

Yes, I also want to know. And for the SNR simulation, what input should add into? 1Mhz ideal digital sine wave codes? And what frequency should use for clock can get the highest SNR? higher clock higher SNR??

Thanks,
Analog_starter

Quote:

Analog_starter

Using .fft in hspice can do fft simulation and get THD. And .vec file can be used too.
But for SNR, i don't kown how to simulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.