Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate SC filter with hspice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyq_analog

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want get the frequency responce,IM of filter not through idea Z-domain simulation or R emulation.
Any books or chapters exists?

maybe you should read R j Baker's "cmos mixed signal design" ,there are a lot of hspice example which is easy to learn

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I heard that HSPICE has simulation problem with SC filters!

Hi
These paper will help you modeling a SC filter using HSPICE.
C. F. Kurth and G. S. Moschytz, “Nodal analysis of switched-capacitor networks,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. CAS-26, pp. 93-104,Feb. 1979

C. F. Kurth and G. S. Moschytz, “Two-port analysis of switched-capacrtor networks using four-port equivalent circuits in the z-domain,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. CAS-26, pp. !66- 180, Mar. 1979

M. S. Ghausi and K. R. Laker, “Modern Filter Design – Active RC and Switched Capacitor”,Prentice-Hall, Inc., USA, 1981.

BERT D. NELIN, “Analysis of switched-capacitor networks using general-purpose circuit simulation programs, ” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., vol. CAS-30, pp. 43-48, Jan. 1983

ynhe

Try use cadence instead

To simulate SC filters why you do not use the old switcap program.

To get the frequency response is the best I know.

Bastos

jyq_analog

I read the paper A. Baschirrotto R. Castello"A 1-v 1.8MHZ CMOS Switched-opamp SC filter with rail-to-rail output swing".JSSC.DEC.1997.
I want to know how to get Fig.10 with hspice.Is it a ideal figure or real figure?

Get frequency response by performing FFT on the transient response in Hspice.
I suggest you'd better use SpectreRF to simulate SC circuits.

To zmliu
Thanks.I havn't Spectre.
Through the input of sin signal,the THD and IM can easily get through FFT .But how can I get the frequency responce of SC filter ?

jyq_analog said:
To zmliu
Thanks.I havn't Spectre.
Through the input of sin signal,the THD and IM can easily get through FFT .But how can I get the frequency responce of SC filter ?

With Hspice, you can get the frequency response by doing and FFT of the transient response. Do a transient run and them an FFT.

Bastos

jyq_analog

to Bastos
What is the input signal to get the frequency responce?
Can you give me more advices?For example,input siganl,IC .

I think you mat put a pulse signal input,and then do the circuit trans,last make FFT.

use spectureRF
there is a guide line in cic
tell you how to simulate SC in specture

jyq_analog said:
to Bastos
What is the input signal to get the frequency responce?
Can you give me more advices?For example,input siganl,IC .

To get the frequency response from the transient, you have to put a dirac pulse at the input. Just use a sort pulse at the input and them let the filter generate the response to this dirac. The FFT of the transient response is the frequency response.

You can use a pulse with 1V and PW of 1-10ns ?? depends on you clock frequency. I would use one clock cycle.

Bastos

You can see P.E. Allen's book.

Hi bastos4321,
How to decide the FFT start and stop time in Hspice ? Could you provide a Hspice simulation file for example ?

layes2 said:
use spectureRF
there is a guide line in cic
tell you how to simulate SC in specture

where to download this guide?thanks!

which tool is best for simulate SC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back