Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate RFID circuit using MultiSIM/PSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ittefaq11

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HOW TO SIMULATE A RFID CIRCUIT USING MULITSIM/PSPICE OR ANY OTHER SOFTWARE??? ANY IDEA WOULD BE HELPFUL
THANKS

RFID SIMULATION

any body please reply ... i needeed d info badly

RFID SIMULATION

Hi ittefaq11,

Perhaps many of the members of the forum have previously simulated an RFID system. But your question is really unclear. that's why nobody replies. I'm not very expert, but if you answer the following questions maybe somebody can help you:

1- what is the operational frequency of your system? 135kHz, 13.56MHz, 900MHz or 2.45 Ghz
2-Are you going to simulate the reader, the tag, or the wireless link?
3- In the reader, are you going to simulate the power amplifier or the demodulator?
4- Is your tag passive or active?

Try to provide as much as information you can.

OpAmp

ittefaq11

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
RFID SIMULATION

thanks opamp

1.freq is 125khz or 1Mhz. IN ANY CASE I WILL BE USING INDUCTIVE COUPLING AND WILL BE USING PASSIVE TAGS

SIMULATE THE WHOLE SYSTEM SIMULTANEOUSLY
SIMULATE BOTH AMPLIFIER AND DETECTOR

SO...AS PER D SPECIFICATIONS GIVEN ABOVE ... SOMEONE PLZ REPLY TO ME
(SORRY 4 NOT GIVING SPEC B4)
THANKS

RFID SIMULATION

since you are going to simulate the whole system simultaneously (which I doubt you can do it) your main problem would be convergence of the simulations. Since your system works at low frequencies, I suggest using HSPICE (but I have also used cadence and pspice but I did have convergence problem with them). Start as follows:

1- first design and simulate the power amplifier of the reader. A class E or D may better work for you.

2- consider a coupling coefficient of about 0.01 (as an example) between the transmitter and tag coils, and then start the design and simulation of the tag.

3- then use a very simplified model for the tag (just consider the load modulation in the tag and ignore other blocks ) and start the design and simulation of the data detector.

I hope it will help you.

OpAmp

ittefaq11

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back