Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate printed antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjantenna

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to simulate single side printed antenna on PCB using NEC? I only care about the radiation pattern, so NEC (MOM based) could be the fastest way. I was told that the printed strip conductors are transformed to circular conductors coated with dielectric or magnetic covers based on the principle of quasi-static energy equivalence, with radiation properties then solved by the usual method of moments for wire antennas. But how?

The following book has this information but I haven't got one:
B. D. Popovic, CAD of Wire Antennas and Related Structures. New York: Wiley, 1991, ch. 2.

Can anyone help me out?

Its a good idea. In 4nec2 i have seen planar GND plane. that means another plate has to be defined on it and to be exited properly to get the result for suspended antenna. SuperNEC supports substrates... :idea: ..those who are using superNEC may be able to give a better answer.

I am not sure but dosen't wipl-d use a NEC like code ? It gives o/p very quickly and inputs are very similar to NEC. It can simulate patch antenna.

**broken link removed**

:!: :idea: :?:

jjantenna said:
How to simulate single side printed antenna on PCB using NEC? I only care about the radiation pattern, so NEC (MOM based) could be the fastest way. I was told that the printed strip conductors are transformed to circular conductors coated with dielectric or magnetic covers based on the principle of quasi-static energy equivalence, with radiation properties then solved by the usual method of moments for wire antennas. But how?

The following book has this information but I haven't got one:
B. D. Popovic, CAD of Wire Antennas and Related Structures. New York: Wiley, 1991, ch. 2.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you g86. Frankly speaking, this is my first time hearing about the mysterious wipl-d. I am still interested to know the equalivent length/radius of the wire relating to the thickness/dielectric constant/width of the substrate. Anyone who has that book could tell us the something.

I might be a little late for this but may I refer you to the following paper:

**broken link removed**

I am still not very familiar with this technique so if you have had any clues, I will be interested.

Cheers,
Element7k

Dear Element7k
it'a pity that the link you provide doesn't work to me )"
kaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back