Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate pop noise in CADENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

present

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to simulate pop noise in CADENCE?

Thanks a lot.

Give pop-noise the typical 1/f noise distribution in the frequency domain and its cause are the traps in CMOS or bipolar spacers?

I think pop noise is due to the power on and off.

Pop Noise is the low frequency current fluctuation in semiconductors. I remember that the naming has its origin in the acoustical noise of a popcorn machine.

The 1/f semiconductor noise played on a speaker have great similarities with the popcorn machine. The current fluctuation is by abrupt changing the semiconductor current by trapping and releasing electrons. That is a discontinuous effect and depending on the amount of charge responsible for current flow control in MOS for instance you can see the bursts on scope. Some report at 45nm single digit % current changes!

There are further microphone pop noise from the abrupt breath. The other supply pop noise is called click noise.

Added after 4 minutes:

There is an article describing time domain 1/f noise modelling:

Time_domain Modeling of Low-frequency Noise in Deep-Submicrometer MOSFET
n.H.Hamid, A.f:Murray, and S. Roy

IEEE Transaction on Circuit and Systems I:Regular Papers

rfsystem said:
Pop Noise is the low frequency current fluctuation in semiconductors. I remember that the naming has its origin in the acoustical noise of a popcorn machine.

The 1/f semiconductor noise played on a speaker have great similarities with the popcorn machine. The current fluctuation is by abrupt changing the semiconductor current by trapping and releasing electrons. That is a discontinuous effect and depending on the amount of charge responsible for current flow control in MOS for instance you can see the bursts on scope. Some report at 45nm single digit % current changes!

There are further microphone pop noise from the abrupt breath. The other supply pop noise is called click noise.

Added after 4 minutes:

There is an article describing time domain 1/f noise modelling:

Time_domain Modeling of Low-frequency Noise in Deep-Submicrometer MOSFET
n.H.Hamid, A.f:Murray, and S. Roy

IEEE Transaction on Circuit and Systems I:Regular Papers

hi , i cann't find this paper ,would please upload it . thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back