Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate PCB with the passive components on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yildi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I've designed a detector circuit for 434 MHz in Eagle. In front of the diode is only the the matching network and a SMA connector. First I tried to calculate the components of the matching network with standard formulas, but measurements with out network analyzer showed that the matching could be better. Now I want to simulate the HF part of the circuit. In the simulation the influences of the pads and the lines should be considered. I also got files with the s parameters of my conductors and inductors. I already exported the board layout from Eagle in a DXF file that maybe can imported by a EM simulator software.
What software would you use for this purpose? I already tried to create a simulation in AWR Microwave Office ... I imported the DXF file so that I've got a simulatable EM Structure. But I don't know how to bring this EM Structure together with my passive components. Does somebody know that?

Thanks for your help!

If you wnat to use AWR Microwave office, you need to place ports in the EM Model for each component, and then create a schematic level to combine the EM block all with the s2p files for the components.

If you want to insert the component s2p files directly into the EM model, you can contact me for an evaluation of the Sonnet EM simulator.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back