Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate oscillator & MIXER in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangyhz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads mixer

I have designed a LNA, a mixer and a oscillator separately. Does anybody know how to simulate oscillator & MIXER in ADS? (ALL examples, in ADS, use P1_TONE instead of real oscillator circuit.)

Thanks !

mixer simulation

Abhishekabs:
I want to know how to simulate a mixer with real oscilator circuit, instead of a P1_TONE for oscillator, in ADS. I haven't found refer tutorials on www.rfic.co.uk.

how to simulate an oscillator in proteus

Assuming you have designed oscillater seperately in ADS,
You should copy your all .dsn files from oscilltor project to mixer project.
then copy the complete schematic of oscillator & paste in mixer simulation.
I have seen people making complete receiver chain like this.
copy all files & folders to single project & simulate.
I hope I have cleared your doubt.
ABhishekabs

simulate oscillator

Abhishekabs:
Thankyou very much!

I know I should copy the complete schematic of oscillator & paste in mixer simulation. However, without P_1Tone for oscillator, I don't know how to edit the HarmonicBalance simulation component ! For example, I don't know how to set up LO_frequency! Can you give me a whole project for merged mixer and oscillator simulation in ADS! My email: mustangyhz@126.com

With kind regards!

how to simulate a mixer using ads

I dont have any project.
search in Google for mixer simulation. you will find many projects done in ADS so you will get an idea.

Best of luck.

Best regards,
Abhishekabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back