Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate noise in switched-capacitor circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagary

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about noise simulation

How to simulate their noise in switched-capacitor circuits? who know?

as far as I know, @DS and Switcap are the softwares capable of doing this. Switcap was developed at Columbia University and it's not distributed anymore. If I am not mistaken using @DS you can run transient noise analysis.

may i the detail of using @ds in switch cap simulation? you mean @gilent @ds?

Re: about noise simulation

As I known, there are many factors to affect switched-cap... say like clock-feedthrough, charge rejection, power...
Generally, there come circuits to improve those defects. Like use differential opamp to increae the immunity of signal noise; use offset cancellation circuit on both input and output.
This is how I am thinking about a design. Once your design architecture is ready, and finish whole circuit simulation, then start to consider how may noise affact it. Of course, nowadays EDAs can make you easier to predict how your real circuit could be. But somewhat there come others that you can't imaging... Also, it must be watch out on layout stage... Do you need to run post-simulation? I think the answer is yes...
I assume you are a analog designer, and hspice also have options for noise analysis-- Monte Carlo analysis, try it if you are interested. I never tried........ :)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back