Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate noise curve with Hspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beargebinjie

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
noise curve simulation

now i am designing a opamp with chopper stablization,but i donot know how to simulation the noise curve with the hspice, so i cannot decide the chopper frequency,is anybody can tell me?thanks!

Re: noise curve simulation

from what I've heard, noise is difficult to simulate in spice. I don't think many people can help you because doing noise in old school. I suggest you use spectreRF.

so you mean that we can't do the noise analysis of fully differential amp?
then what is the function of the .noise statement in the hspice?

kevinj said:
from what I've heard, noise is difficult to simulate in spice. I don't think many people can help you because doing noise in old school. I suggest you use spectreRF.

noise curve simulation

The .noise statement in hspice is a DC operating-point-base frequency analysis statement. It doesn't suits for switched-capacitor circuits in which a steady-state oppoint doesn't exist.

In some Spectre document says it's suitable for scf application,
and some otherwise.

Does someone have experience upon this Spectre scf noise simulation?
Is it really good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.